“HELL-ER BUST” is a P-51D Mustang, serial number 44-72438, built at the North American plant at Inglewood and delivered to the United States Army Air Force, 8th Air Force in January of 1945 and later served with the Swedish Air Force as Fv26131 from 1948-1952 and ended its military career as FAD1920 with the Dominican Republic Air Force from 1952-1984.
Returned to the United States by Brian O’Farrell / Johnson Aviation of Hialeah, Florida on May 18, 1984 and later acquired by Mr. Selby R. Burch of Kissimmee, Florida. She was dismantled and stored in Kissimmee from 1987-1991.
In the early 90’s, she was restored to flying condition in the markings of the commanding officer of the 118th Tactical Reconnaissance Squadron (The Black Lightning’s) by Stallion 51 Maintenance and won Grand Champion World War II Warbird at the 1997 Sun-N-Fun event.
In 1999, the aircraft was purchased by Mr. Bob Jepson and flew as “Lady Alice” till 2000 and then was repainted as “HELL-ER BUST”/PZ-H flown by 1st Lieutenant Edwin Heller, 486th Fighter Squadron, 352nd Fighter Group.
John Sessions of the Historic Aircraft Foundation in Seattle, WA purchased the aircraft in early 2006.
“HELL-ER BUST” was acquired by Mark Peterson in July 2009 and moved to Boise, Idaho where she operates today.
|Registration Number||Date of Manufacture|
|North American P-51 “Mustang”||37 feet .5 inches|
|Overall length:||Empty weight:|
|32 feet 9 inches||7125 pounds|
|Gross weight:||Fuel capacity:|
|12,100 pounds||1300 miles|
|Oil capacity||Engine type:|
|Single 1695 hp Packard Merlin V1650-7 V12 piston engine|
|Propeller type:||Max Speed|
|Rate of Climb||Cruise Speed|
|Service Ceiling||Number of Crew|
|Six 12.7 mm wing mounted machine guns||Two 1000 lb bombs or Six Rockets|
|Number Built||Number Surviving|
Printable QR Codes for: North American P-51 Mustang “Hell-er Bust”:
Please read before printing the Avery style labels