This Aircraft, Beech Model A-45, Serial number 34-78 (USAF Serial # 53-4109) was built by the Canadian Car and Foundry Company, Fort Williams, Ontario Canada under license granted by Beechcraft. It was delivered to the USAF on March 1, 1955 and was assigned to the 3306th Pilot Training Group, Bainbridge Air Base, Georgia, where it served as a primary trainer. In October 1960 it was transferred to the 4756th Air Defense Group, Tyndall AFB, Florida. From there it was transferred to the Tyndall Flying Club and then moved to Olmstead AFB Aero Club in May 1963. On November 23. 1964 the plane was declared surplus and transferred to the Cival Air Patrol. In April, 1965 the CAP permanently retired the aircraft with the intent of using it for parts to support other aircraft.
On, December 11, 1968 the remaining hulk was sold for 51 cents a pound (about $1100) by the GSA. The plane was then dismantled and stored in a crate for nearly 21 years. In 1986 the project was sold and restoration was started to return this plane to airworthy flying status. Over 15 years the plane was undergoing restoration and continuous upgrades. The plane was purchased by Steve in 2009, where it continued to go additional upgrades, restoration and enhancements.
It returns to flight after a long journey of just a few civilian owners who have provided restoration, enhancements and to this wonderful aircraft you see today.
|Registration Number||Date of Manufacture|
|Beechcraft T-34 Mentor||32 feet 10 inches|
|Overall length:||Empty weight:|
|25 feet 10 inches||2055 US pounds|
|Gross weight:||Fuel capacity:|
|2900 pounds||770 miles|
|Oil capacity||Engine type:|
|12 Qts||Single 285 hp IO-520-BB piston engine|
|Propeller type:||Max Speed|
|MaCauley 3 Blade||188 mph|
|Rate of Climb||Cruise Speed|
|1000 FPM||155 mph|
|Service Ceiling||Number of Crew|
|Number Built||Number Surviving|
Printable QR Codes for: Steve Bohlig’s T-34A Mentor:
Please read before printing the Avery style labels
Sorry, comments are closed for this post.